Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lenore's Adventures

I recently started playing around with RPG Maker XP. It's a neat little program that allows you to make your own Role Playing Game. It comes with per-determined sprites and tile sets. The design of the levels and the scripting is left up to you. Fairly intuitive as well, I've done some basic scripting on some other games and it's very easy to pick up.

For my first 'game' I decided to make it play out as a video or episode. So, instead of actively playing the game it is seen as an episode to a series. At first I just started making cities/villages with no real aim or direction but as I dug into it I made enough for one episode, and eventually a second episode.

Given, both episode one and episode two only add up to about nine minutes of actual footage I still think I'm at a good start.

Let me know what you think!

Episode one:

Episode two:


Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment